Knowledge Of Holistic Therapy
Overcoming a drug addiction can be challenging. However, by making healthy changes to the lifestyle which can complement conventional methods of treatment people can indeed beat the addiction with holistic therapies.
Holistic therapies work together with the usual drug treatment methods and are non-medical approaches to recovery. The holistic therapy seeks to bring the whole being spirit, mind and body to function well together.
Treatment centres that are offering holistic therapy make use of exercise, meditation and nutrition in order to help people overcome their addiction.
Holistic therapy addresses the whole being of the patient including the physical, emotional and mental withdrawal symptoms.
Commonly used holistic therapies include
- Tai chi
- Guided meditation
- Massage therapy
- Spiritual therapy
- Scheduled exercises
- Proper nutrition
- The methods of art therapy
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Holistic Therapy For The Treatment Of Addictions
The methods used for addiction recovery feature holistic therapy programs, which are personalised and non-medical. The general well being of a person will be boosted by holistic therapy.
The person will be able to get rid of some symptoms such as insomnia and the loss of appetite. Holistic therapy treatment plans are individualized and easy to follow.
Among goals of holistic medicine are the following
- Find out the psychological issues behind the addiction
- Help the recovering user to better deal with their cravings
- Help the recovering user to be physically fit
- Developing self-assurance
- Make the use of drugs and alcohol less attractive to the user
Types Of Holistic Dependency Therapies
Holistic therapy addresses the various areas that constitute a healthy lifestyle.
The main practices involve
- Nutritive Treatment
- One requires being healthy in body to recover from other afflictions.
- Checking the patient's diet will go a long way in making sure they recover.
- Patients recovering from addiction may at any time start to provide themselves with the food they need for successful healing.
- Use Of Exercises and Recreational Activities
- The addict body need to always be in shape if they are to recover effectively.
- Sport training is an essential aspect of treatment.
- Different types of activities are offered including; rock-climbing, canoeing, horseback riding, or hiking.
- Meditation Drills
- A clear mind is important when trying to recover from addiction.
- Mediation under professional supervision is offered in most treatment facilities.
- The mind can also be relaxed when a person take part in karate and such kinds of activities.
- Massage And Acupuncture
- This therapy technique also seeks to relax the body muscles through massage.
- Acupuncture is another method that is used to restore any imbalances to the body of an addict after an extended period of substance abuse.
The best holistic therapy plans are based on established approaches to addiction healing. Medical supervision often becomes a necessity when looking forward to managing withdrawal symptoms from quitting alcohol and other central nervous system [CNS] depressants.
Holistic therapy may be used at the same time as
- Good medical care
- Counselling sessions
Many addicts who are looking forward to recovering also to attend twelve-step groups like Narcotics Anonymous And Alcoholics Anonymous for the emotional support they need.
Identifying A Holistic Therapy Clinic Near You
Holistic treatment is featured in many residential and outpatient treatment centres. There is a lot of correlation between the principles of traditional treatment methods and holistic therapy with the most important being providing balance to the body, mind and spirit. In assisting addictive, patients learn how to cope with stress. Yoga works well with Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT). You na resist the urge to use the drugs when you learn how to control your feelings in a positive way.
Holistic therapy can be important in treating addiction no matter how severe as long as these therapies are paired with key conventional treatment methods. You can find a treatment program that is designed based on your needs in many treatment centres near you.
Call us now on 0800 246 1509 to find a drug rehab centre which also offers holistic therapy.