Receive Dependency Therapy
A number of therapy interventions are aimed at equipping addicts with relevant information on the origin of your addiction also provide counselling sessions geared towards suitable recovery program of choice. No one understands your drug or alcohol addiction, is a time tested truth the addicted knows. You should obtain medical assistance from specialized abuse advisers if you know you can't handle the situation yourself.
Contact us on 0800 246 1509 in case you need assistance to find a therapy program that offers addiction counselling services that are perfect for you.
If they come into the picture, overcoming the problem become easier as they are an integral part of the process that will help the addict break the habit.
Addiction counsellors can assist you during the therapy process and develop a personalized program for recovery and aftercare. If you live in the rehab centre, you will have access to a good number of programs that are designed to allow you overcome your addiction successfully.
What Is The Role Of An Addiction Counsellor
With the assistance of an addiction counsellor, you can start to set up what truly led you to turn to opiates or alcohol, recognize potential triggers and build a durable program to keep up your sobriety.
Both inpatient and outpatient treatment programs depend on great addiction counselling, these take place in large groups or singularly.
The counsellor will engage your loved ones or other addicts in the recovery plan by discussing with all of you as a group.
Discourse like the dangers of addiction, causes and effects are likely to be treated during the group meeting. Identification of the patient's disorder towards addiction opens a window into post-treatment program.
An addiction counsellor's function is to
- Educates and supports the patient throughout the recovery.
- Carry out on one to one therapy assessment sessions to identify cause of addiction.
- Conduct impromptu drug tests.
- Depending on your health requirements, advisers set therapy scheme for the purpose of your recovery.
- Based on the care available to you a aftercare program will be created.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Qualities Of A Model Addiction Counsellor
An addiction counsellor is trained to develop a specific plan for each patient. In addition to having a good relationship with people, he must be ready to give a listening ear.
The first counselling sessions are made to lay the foundation for reciprocal trust, which is necessary for a prosperous effect.
Over a counsellor's compassion (a lot are previous addicts) and tolerance, they develop a protected atmosphere for the user to simply interact. This will assist the counsellor recognize the fundamental problems that can be driving the habit-forming behaviour. In another development, the counsellor is able to pinpoint pitfalls that could derail full recovery progress
Treatment and analysis can be conducted by any professional addiction adviser. However, the ultimate desire of a good counsellor is commitment in bringing long lasting solution change to the patient's sober life.
What Types Of Therapy Are Available
A treatment centre may employ multiple therapeutic approaches depending on the inclination of the patient. Relying on the therapy centre, these may contain
- Neurofeedback Therapy
- How fast the heart beats, the pressure of the blood, and the amount of pressure on the muscles are focused on by using modern technology to see how the brain functions.
- They will have the ability to regulate their biological activities as they are taught how to control the use of the brain as they want.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Addiction disrupts natural brain utility, distorts focus on productive thoughts and that is where CBT comes in handy to rewrite your brain functions to make informed choices.
- A therapist can assist an abuser to discover stimulants that inspires addiction and also devise ways of treating it, this can be achieved using CBT.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- DBT is used to take care of individuals with two-fold diagnosis and one of the fundamental goals is to assist patients in gaining determination and coping competences to deal with circumstances in healthy methods.
- Health problems like eating disorders and Borderline Personality Disorder can be eliminated using DBT, it also enhances interactions and personal outlook.
- Meditation Hypnotherapy Guided Imagery and Mindfulness
- Focusing on specific addiction treatment identifies trigger points, to take control of stress reactions through deep relaxation techniques.
- The central concept of this kind of treatment is to get an individual into a calm condition to better comprehend what could be the reason for this drug-seeking and using attitudes.
- Holistic therapies
- Additionally to the traditional therapy ways, holistic therapy support patients use introspection and understand coping skills.
- It also provides patients, who don't find it easy to speak in usual therapy sessions, with a method to tell their deepest fears and problems in a non-threatening conduction.
- Art therapy, yoga and equine therapy are some types of treatment measures that can be utilized in drug abuse cases.
To help the patient regain total wellness, several other treatment measure are supplied by the clinical abuse intervention agencies so as to handle the entire situation.
The Indispensable Value Of Addiction Counselling
As a patient, you may not feel at ease in sharing your shame and other embarrassing thoughts and experiences to a stranger.
There is the tendency to suffer a relapse if you don't identify the force behind the addiction, although just a handful of people consider it worthwhile to take the steps to unravel the force behind engaging in a destructive habit.