Frequently Asked Questions About Addiction Rehab
Recognising addiction and focusing on going to a recovery program can overwhelm initial phases in the journey to recover. Fear of the unknown usually keeps many away as they are not sure of how they will fare throughout the treatment programme. We give answers to some of the questions you may have regarding the addiction treatment at a recovery facility.
Your struggle to completely recover from alcohol addiction is made less difficult when you have more information about addiction - including the cost of each programme, how long it will take, and the possible outcome of the programme.
What Is Addiction Rehab?
Addiction recovery programmes are controlled closely monitored treatment regimes offered to help drug addicts get clean. Recovery can help addicts progress in the direction of a solid, cheerful and calm way of life.
What Recovery Treatment Entails
Addiction rehabilitation treatment is customised to the requirements of every person. Usually, it will involve a combination of medical detox, group and individual therapy, relapse education and prevention, and planning follow up care before completing the program in order to maintain sobriety.
- Detoxification A key initial stage of several addiction rehabilitation efforts is detoxification. While detoxing, the body physically eliminates the drug and it's effects. Many things, including the type of substance being abused, the length of abuse and how often the drug is consumed all contribute to how the cleansing will go including the severity of the withdrawal symptoms. The discomfort and risks of detoxing can be alleviated in a medically supervised program.
- Substance Abuse Therapy After the detoxification has been completed, rehabilitation continues with different behavioural therapeutic interventions. In rehabilitation, an individual takes part in one-on-one and/group therapy sessions to identify and deal with the underlying reasons of his/her dependency. Treatment programs additionally teach people on the most proficient method to distinguish high-hazard circumstances plus triggers and develop regressing aversion aptitudes to watch over self-control.
- Aftercare As a man advances with recovery and nears the finish of a recovery treatment program, staff will work with the patient to build up a proper aftercare arrangement. Usually, this includes a combination of support groups and continuing individual therapy with sober living arrangements if they are needed.
What Is The Length Of Time For Rehab?
All patients require differing amounts of time to recover fully. Several rehabilitation facilities provide a 30-day programme. Though, certain people gain from a longer treatment programme, like a 60-day, 90-day, or even longer treatment at an inpatient/residential treatment facility to further devise and maintain a stable recovery journey. While deciding the proper length of treatment, treatment experts will give consideration to the history and seriousness of the addiction, particular substances use, any co-happening medicinal, mental, or behavioural health conditions and the physical, mental, emotive, social, traditional and spiritual needs of the person.
Researches showed that those individuals who spend three months or longer in therapeutic programs have better rates of long haul sobriety. With extended programs, there is enough time to train on sober living behaviours, and also the chance to concentrate on the core causes and actions building up to the addiction.
Does Rehab Cure Addiction?
There is no cure for dependence; however it can be overseen successfully. The completion of the rehabilitation programme by the patient does not consummate the alcohol and drug addiction recovery, no matter how long it lasts. Addiction recovery is a long, perpetual process. Management of addiction knows how to live a full life while avoiding the substance and it takes determination and a lot of hard work.
Addiction Rehab Vs Addiction Recovery
Rehab teaches patients how to handle cravings and work through difficult times when the temptation to start using again is strong. What's more, it can teach individuals skills to get them ready for the daily battles of recovering from dependency, and how to deal with the circumstances or the people that might have added to or aggravated the issue with the substance to begin with.
Long-term sobriety could involve ongoing individual or group therapy and a 12 step program or support group. A few people observe extra exercises to be important for supporting their progressing recovery. These exercises may incorporate contemplation, yoga, work out, or artistry to give some examples.
Several great treatment programmes provide their own aftercare programmes, or work together with you to devise a concrete plan for aftercare before leaving treatment to assist with supporting effective long-lasting recovery. As a matter of fact, according to research continuous participation in an aftercare programme is linked with fewer relapses.
What Happens If I Relapse?
Sobriety is a lifelong journey so relapse shouldn't be seen as a failure, but rather an obstacle that needs to be overcome. Relapse offers the chance review the situation and to adopt a system that will guarantee the needed assistance in the bid to achieve total healing.
In some cases, the patients will only record success in their healing journey after they must have stayed in rehab for up to two different occasions. Rehab provides and equips the addict with tools necessary to overcome addiction and remain sober, but, the individual is the only one who can control their addiction.
How Much Will Rehabilitation Cost?
Rehab programs vary greatly in how much they cost. There are high end, luxury programs that charge extra for special services and amenities and possible increase staff to patient ratios.
Because inpatient programs provide therapy, food, lodging, and recreational activities, they are typically more expensive than outpatient programs. Outpatient treatment programs differ in their offerings including exceedingly organized, serious outpatient programs, weekly gathering and individual counselling sessions and free care group gatherings.
The cost of rehab can be effected by the following factors
- Amenities provided - Acupuncture, yoga, massage, animal-assisted therapy, private rooms, gourmet food, and other factors that enhance the healing process may be part of this.
- Length of program - The length of stay is what primarily affects the cost of the program. All these things are covered by the therapist who takes you for the registration so you can work out how long you can afford to stay.
- Geographical Area - High-end luxury facilities will be more expensive than regular treatment facilities. Transport to the venue may also be an item cost in the bill.
- The Nature of Programme - An inpatient programme will frequently be more expensive than an outpatient programme as patients stay at the centre, which has medical and treatment specialists who work there at all times.
The Cost Of Rehab Vs The Cost Of Addiction
People might be deterred by how much treatment will cost, but it's important to remember that there are a lot of costs of addiction. The cost of addiction may escalate because of
- Buying the drugs
- Loss of income through loss of work
- Legal penalty fees
- The cost of medical attention for the treatment of physical and psychological illnesses
Poor health, overall sadness and damaged relationships are some other "costs" that is associated with addiction
Can I Use Insurance?
Drug rehabilitation programs normally accept insurance. Despite that, agreeableness of protection will differ as indicated by the specific facility. It is wise to confirm with the service before you commit yourself for the programme as some insurance covers only cater for only part of the cost of accommodation or medication.
When your insurance plan doesn't pay for the cost of rehabilitation, you can explore other payment methods with the centre you have selected. A sliding scale payment option/financing plan to make the cost more reasonable can be provided by the programme.
Should I Receive Treatment For My Addiction Locally Or Away From Home?
Several people looking for rehabilitation go to a rehabilitation centre that's located away from the place they call home. This is advantageous at times on the grounds that it expels clients from their home surroundings where they misuse drugs or liquor.
In such a decidedly separate setting, the individuals who attend rehabilitation can completely concentrate on their dependency problems, free of any external diversions/ temptations from the workplace or loved ones.
When you select an outpatient treatment, you may want to go for a centre that is closer to your home so that you do not have to commute far every day. A close by rehab centre can help you strike a meeting point between your home chores and treatment programs to avoid much stress on you.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
How Do I Choose Between Inpatient And Outpatient?
Inpatient and outpatient centres are different in a lot of ways, from the cost, intensity, environment, and support structure in place through the whole process.
Residential Rehab Treatment
An inpatient centre is a rehabilitation centre that provides round-the-clock care from the personnel. Inpatient programs that are hospital based will have medical professionals present around the clock but most residential centres will only have a healthcare professional come in when one is needed. Both of these require patients to live at the centre.
Inpatient treatment is the most immersive type of treatment, permitting patients to completely concentrate on their compulsion and recuperation with 24-hour care. The patients are also able to concentrate on getting well as they are free from distractions.
A rehabilitation programme can cover group therapy, one-on-one therapy, medication-assisted treatment, and corresponding therapies like outdoor activities, meditation and animal-assisted therapy.
Residential rehab centres are preferred for treatment of those with chronic and acute addictions, multiple drug addictions, coexisting medical and psychological issues. People that have been to (either inpatient or outpatient) rehabs before, but are now suffering relapse, may also find this very useful
Outpatient Addiction Rehab
An outpatient centre enables a patient to come for therapy, treatment, and further services and then go back to his/her home when the treatment session has been completed. This structure gives a man a chance to proceed with a great extent unobstructed work, school or home life while looking for treatment. These offices have a tendency to be a solid match for those with moderately less serious or shorter-term addictions, constrained time or obligations at work or home that can't be disregarded.
Outpatient services may differ. Some include throughout the day sessions, while others may just treat patients for 60 minutes or two a day. Outpatient care is generally not as expensive as inpatient care since there are not as many facilities and staff offer direct care for fewer hours. The patients do not pay for 24-hour monitoring as they go home after each session. Numerous protection arrangements may cover a few or the greater part of the cost.
Call us today at 0800 246 1509 to talk about your choices and learn more about the differences between these treatment structures. Let one of our rehabilitation placement representatives respond to whichever enquiries you might have in order to assist you to select what kind of addiction rehabilitation centre makes the most sense for you and your requirements.
Do I Risk Losing My Job When I Attend Addiction Treatment?
You may think you are in danger of losing your job if you go to rehab, the risk is higher if you do not and mess at work. It's possible that your boss has already picked up on your substance abuse problems. By maintaining a strategic distance from enslavement help your battle may in the end get to be distinctly obvious since the results of your substance misuse may make your work implementation enduring.
While there are several laws that protect your right to get treatment, using any substances at work is legal grounds for termination. Your employer would be breaking the law were he to terminate your contract because you are looking for help for the addiction.
How Do I Get Time Off Of Work To Attend Addiction Rehab?
You will be expected to take a break from your work for most of the inpatient programs But, there are things that can help you with this process. The options are
- Employee Assistance Programs A voluntary Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a program from your employer that can give you confidential assessments, counselling, and treatment referrals at no cost to you.
- Family and Medical Leave Act Through the Family and Medical Leave Act, many employers offer a leave of up to 3 months, and this involves an unpaid break that does not tell negatively on your insurance, in the bid to treat a health issue that affects your productivity at work. This covers addiction so it's important to find out what your company offers.
- Paid Time Off Another alternative for removing time from work to get assistance with substance misuse is to just utilize serene vacations, beat or individual time to get rehab support.
- Executive Rehab Centres There is also a system where the executive rehab centres will offer you a luxurious 24-hour programme that will also allow you to continue your work if it is imperative that you work while receiving treatment.
- Outpatient Programs The last option is to attend an outpatient program if you can't take time away from home or work and cannot afford an executive rehab centre. If your are suffering from a severe addiction or a relapse, a centre that can provide 24 hour care is still the best chance at getting and staying sober.
There are available many options to seek help as an employee and remember when you recover from addiction, you do better as a person, at work, and your health and personal life also improve.
What Is Luxury Treatment?
Luxury rehabilitations involve treatments at top notch rehab facilities and in a more comfortable environment. These are frequently situated in isolated spots, so a patient is given maximum privacy during his/her treatment. Innovative recovery therapies, gourmet meals from trained cooks, adventure therapies and a holistic treatment programme are offered in luxury rehab centres.
Celebrities, high-level executives, and other public figures frequently select a luxury rehabilitation for all the exclusive facilities, privacy and the possibility that they will be amongst their peers, but any individual can attend these kinds of programmes when the cost involved can be covered by the insurance, out-of-pocket payments, or a combination of the two.
How Can I Locate An Addiction Rehabilitation Programme?
To locate the correct addiction rehabilitation programme can feel overwhelming, though assistance is available to give answers to whichever additional questions you might have. When you are not sure what type of treatment programme is correct for a loved one or yourself and want to chat about rehabilitation and recovery options more, contact us at 0800 246 1509 to chat with one of our rehab placement representatives.